Friday, December 7, 2012

Success!
Back home from the 2012 Citizen Corps Conference, and what a great conference it was. Well over 300 people attended and participated in the education and the water park at the Great Wolf Lodge.
I have to tell you this year’s conference may be the best one yet. The last ones were awesome too but this year it had more back to basic education, great information and presenters. Well Done Wendy from the MSP. Well done indeed.
Awards! Yes Dearborn CERT and or its members were nominated for three of the annual awards and came home with two. The Dearborn CERT team won Team of their Year award!!!! Thank you Dearborn CERT for all your countless hrs of training, and work. You have earned this award!!! I am so proud of you all.
Dearborn CERT Volunteers Art and Paula have won Volunteer of the year award!!! Awesome work on your part and CONGRATS to you for your success.
I was nominated for Coordinator of the year and came up short but I am glad to have been neaten out of this award by a man who not only deserves it but I am proud to call Friend and fellow collogue. Dave Everets from Region 6. Great job Dave CONGRATS!!
Well now it’s on to bed I have to give my awards to the CERT team tomorrow morning at our December CERT training meeting.
Thank you all for doing the hardest job in the world....VOLUNTERRING. You are the reason I come to work every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment