Wednesday, July 4, 2012










4th of July and its going to be a HOT ONE!
Are you ready for the storm? I asked my neighbor yesterday before the thunderstorm and 3/4 inch to inch size hail hit our neighborhood.
That’s right 3/4 inch to inch size hail.

The storm hit for about 20 minutes and did some damage. To our neighborhood we had two skylights in my home with holes now, two or three tomato plants damaged, garden flooded, (hopefully they recover) power out in our neighborhood and temps back up to the 90's. We went into town for some supplies to fix the skylights and saw trees down across the road, car windows broken in at the store parking lot etc.
One of my neighbors asked for me to look at her battery powered camp light. As I was fixing it for her she asked how we were doing and if I needed any flashlights for tonight when it gets dark? I looked at her and said we have all the lights we need. I have about 6 flashlights but more importantly we have well over a dozen solar powered garden lights. She asked what good the garden lights are going to do outside? Again I looked at her and said, "We bring them inside and can put them in vases, on the counters, carry them around etc. They are not just for outside!" she was amazed at this simple tidbit of knowledge and asked what more I could tell her and her daughter.
I plan on giving them both some safety and survival homework every time I see them. They are both ill or handicapped but they will be just as ready as we are in a short period of time.....I hope!
Well it’s the 4th of July, Fireworks are approved by the previous State Fire Marshal’s office for sale and lighting, and the new State Fire Marshal has his hands full with all the complaints, laws, questions, etc about them being legal in MI. If you have questions about them by all means contact your local Fire Department of the State Fire Marshal’s office at 517-241-8847.
Well it’s hot and sunny, drink plenty of cool water stay in the shade and if you are playing outside keep that sunscreen on and HYDRATE!!!
Let me know what you think so far about the blog and what topics you would like to see discussed in the future. Invite others as well.
Stay safe and ever ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment